Do you have in depth knowledge of annuity insurance and reinsurance? Are you interested in progressing your career with one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands?
If so, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you. We are seeking to hire a qualified actuary who will support the achievement of the business’s targets by leading the structuring and execution of reinsurance solutions on the existing annuity book and supporting new business transactions, feeding in to the design and presentation of reinsurance solutions and supporting governance processes.
What will you be doing?
- Support the Business Solution Directors in the structuring and execution of L&G’s reinsurance contracts by providing material for governance papers, working with counterparties to negotiate structural frameworks and key terms, assessing the feasibility of reinsurance structures and taking ownership of documentation and legal negotiations.
- Support LGR in the development and execution of new business propositions, engage with clients and their advisors in negotiating terms for new business transactions, take ownership for security and collateral related aspects, take ownership of portions of the documentation.
- Support the execution of new structures, where collateral and security arrangements are required by providing ideas tailored to the desired outcome and leading analysis.
- Support the Business Solution Directors in ensuring that new reinsurance transactions are effectively handed over to the PRT and LGIM operational team upon completion. Provide exception management in relation to ongoing operational processes, and oversee the relationship with LGIM in relation to the ongoing management of reinsurance arrangements.
- Work as part of the LGR team to support it to achieve its targets in terms of capital usage, premium volume and margin by providing quantitative and qualitative analysis on initiatives feeding into structural development and approval process.
- To support the development and implementation of strategies for LGR by providing qualitative analysis on initiatives feeding into structural development and approval process.
- Establish and maintain contacts within LGR to ensure that all relevant stakeholders can be efficiently engaged with during new proposals. Maintain strong relationships with the second line functions, as well as internal and external legal, tax and other advisory and control functions in order to support a risk-aware approach to execution of transactions.
- Work within the appropriate process, systems and controls and ensure that risks and issues are identified and escalated within LGR, to ensure that customers are treated fairly in line with Legal & General’s Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) policy.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a qualified actuary with strong experience in finance or insurance, with an ability to grasp and deal with complex products and security and collateral structures. We are looking for someone with knowledge of SII-based capital solutions and ideally knowledge of derivatives, financing arrangements or longevity (re)insurance transactions.
Ideally you will have demonstrable experience of running execution processes for or on behalf of financial institutions (past experience of executing insurance-related transactions or solutions would be preferred).
We reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. You will also receive a 12% car allowance as a qualified actuary. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you. Do get in touch with Helen.Kinloch@landg.com.