A Bermuda-headquartered company that have gone through substantial growth and underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. The AVP, Reinsurance Actuary will report directly to the Chief Actuary & Chief Risk Officer. The position will work alongside risk analysts to build out a data-driven underwriting strategy. Applying your experience in pricing, reserving and capital modeling will be crucial to augment the actuarial processes used by our risk and underwriting teams.
What you will do
- Maintain and improve reinsurance pricing models to ensure consistency in design, parameter benchmarking, rate-adequacy monitoring and automation of data capture.
- Assist with pricing reinsurance contracts across Casualty, Specialty and Property classes.
- Contribute to the development of aggregation methodologies for non-elemental risks.
- Support the development of the capital model.
- Conduct profitability studies in various segments of the portfolio
- Support other pricing and reserving projects across the company.
What you require for the role
- · Professional actuarial designation (FCAS or equivalent) or a post graduate degree in Statistics or Mathematics
- At least 5 years’ experience in a pricing role in the reinsurance industry
- Experience with Reinsurance contract pricing, including pricing excess of loss and proportional contracts as well as evaluating with common contract features
- Ability to effectively communicate analytical findings
- Experience with programming in VBA, SQL, R and Python
- Familiarity with Catastrophe and Risk aggregation models
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
They're open to candidates looking to move to Bermuda but please not there will be no housing allowance.