We have a unique opportunity for a part or newly qualified actuary to join our Group function as Group Aggregation Actuarial Analyst.
Your role with us will involve ensuring that the output of the L&G Internal Model calculation is fit-for-purpose, reliable and consistent between entities and business units. You will also ensure that the Solvency II reporting for the Group Holding Companies is accurate, complete and produced in a timely manner.
This is a brilliant role which interacts with various business units and people across the wider L&G business.
What will you be doing?
- Solvency II Reporting. Support the Solvency II reporting for the Group Holding Companies (including monthly estimates, quarterly QRTs and external disclosures). Support production of the Group Holding Companies annual plan.
- LACODT. Support the quarterly calculation of LACoDT, liaising with Business Units as required to ensure timely production of results. Contribute to the production of results documents for dissemination of results to stakeholders.
- Internal Model. Provide support as required for the oversight, development and operation of the L&G Internal Model. Support the monitoring and update of the Group structure chart.
- Customer Relationship Management. Contribute to the presentation and dissemination of results to the Board, senior management and for market analysis, incorporating supporting analysis and commentary for all reporting metrics. Support ongoing liaison by continually developing and maintaining proactive engagement to ensure the delivery of financial results continue to meet needs and quality expectations.
- Process and Change Management. Support the development, support and maintenance of the team’s financial reporting systems, processes and reporting methodologies, ensuring they are robust, incorporating process change as required for the ongoing production of the financial results.
- Internal Relationship Management. Maintain the relationship with the relevant business units, Treasury, Group Performance, Group Finance and Prudential Risk. Provide expert analysis to Prudential Risk to enable effective and efficient review of the results. Maintain the relationship with Business Units to ensure any limitations in their deliveries are understood and documented in terms of timeliness and quality referencing the key dependencies on this service for the reporting cycle.
- External Relationship Management – consultants, peer reviews and auditors. Support the relationship with any relevant external consultants, peer reviewers, auditors, market analysts, credit rating agencies etc.
- Planning. Support the team through all planning phases by effectively prioritising and scheduling the team’s reporting activities, meeting the needs of all customers.
- Maintain and Comply with Standards. Comply with the relevant Group and Professional Standards – for example L&G Spreadsheet Standards, L&G Group Policies and Technical Actuarial Standards.
What are we looking for?
For this role, we are seeking a part or newly qualified actuary (where part qualified, you should have strong progress through the actuarial exams).
We are looking for a talented actuarial professional with good understanding of SII Principles and how they apply in practice, knowledge of actuarial liability reporting and analysis across various metrics, and of analysis of change principles, and an understanding of financial and insurance risk management.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, and discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you. For any questions, contact Helen.Kinloch@landg.com.