A global life reinsurer is seeking an AXIS Modelling actuary or experienced professional to join their Life and Health team in either Dublin or Toronto. The company are looking to expand on their internal AXIS capabilities in order to reach global markets.
About the role
The position will be based in either Toronto or Dublin. The role’s main focus will be to liaison with valuation and pricing actuaries to ensure model alignment.
Reponsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Create best practices for model governance
- Maintain the models that use the AXIS actuarial software
- Manage concerns and liaison with IT on all matters relating to AXIS
- Develop new frameworks that will allow for AXIS model training
Actuarial Skills Required
The ideal candidate for this position would be a qualified actuary or an experienced professional with a relevant university degree who has more than 5 years of experience in the life insurance sector.
Additional requirements include:
- Strong knowledge of AXIS modelling software
- Experience in Excel and VBA
- Advanced knowledge of Protection and Longevity business