Our Reporting & Analysis team are hiring and we’re currently looking for a part to nearly/nearly qualified Actuary to join our team on a 12 month Fixed Term contract based from our London office, although home working will initially be required and longer term flexibility will be considered.
You will support the Reporting Actuaries across the team to achieve a successful outcome across all key accountabilities within the role. Providing support for the delivery and analysis of the Group’s actuarial reporting requirements (Solvency II, IFRS, EV, risk-based capital metrics and reinsurance reporting).
Utilising a project management skillset you will also work across our Finance Transformation project focusing on process improvements, delivering solutions and embedding changes into BAU.
If you’re a curious individual with ambitions to learn and an ability to showcase an understanding of the external market and Actuarial reporting solutions then we’d love to hear from you. You should be able to display a strong all round technical skillset with specific product knowledge being advantageous.
- Support and perform production of Group actuarial reports and relevant analysis, including IFRS, Solvency II, Economic Capital and Embedded Value, and deliver reinsurer reporting requirements in line with Group treaties
- Support and perform the review of methodologies and assumptions deployed in actuarial systems used to fulfil the team’s objectives. To develop and improve the modelling methodologies and reporting tools used and test reporting tools developed by the IT function and Actuarial Systems team
- Develop and improve the reporting processes used for actuarial reporting and analysis purposes
- Input into the development of responses to requests from UK regulators
- Operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs)
- Support transformation and change projects
- Part to nearly/nearly qualified Actuary
- Experience of an actuarial reporting function
- Knowledge of insurance products and markets
- Strong communication skills with ability to convey complex concepts to team management and wider stakeholders
- Able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action
- Naturally curious with strong communication skills and eye for detail
- Project management skillset with ability to manage, lead and implement actions
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal