Our Actuaries lead the way here at Just and none more so than within our Defined Benefit Pricing team. As we scale up to grow our evolving DB proposition we have a great opportunity for 2 Actuarial Analysts to join us on a permanent basis.
Based from either our Reigate or London offices you’ll work alongside a collaborative and dedicated team, undertaking pricing and actuarial input required to support delivery of the DB Business Plan which includes all aspects of BAU delivery and project requirements.
We’re passionate about providing a platform for people to grow and that’s why we provide study support to all our student actuaries.
We’re interested in hearing from passionate and ambitious individuals with a background from either a life insurer or pensions consultancy. You will ideally have a few exam passes under your belt and some knowledge of the DB/BPA market although this is not essential. If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
- Support senior DB pricing team members in accurate and timely delivery of new business quotations.
- Populate and run pricing models to calculate premiums, including manipulation of data, assumption setting and calculation of all associated pricing metrics in line with the agreed pricing basis and governance processes in place.
- Produce initial draft of internal sign off documentation required for each quotation.
- Produce initial draft of quotation documents to be issued externally
- For quotes that are outsourced, work with DB Senior Actuarial Analyst and DB Actuary to transition scheme to outsourcer and produce final deliverables for the quotation.
- Carry out all necessary BAU work for in force business.
- Support senior DB pricing team members in accurate and timely delivery of data true ups.
- Complete individual member calculations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop sound knowledge of all systems and tools used in DB pricing.
- Provide support in ad hoc tasks such as data analysis, proposition developments, systems testing and process improvements.
- Have experience of working within a pension consultancy or life insurer
- 2.1 or above in a maths related degree is desirable
- Working towards FIA qualification
- Sound knowledge of technical actuarial concepts
- Awareness of the DB buy in/buy out market, life insurance and relevant regulation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal