We are truly excited to be recruiting for a qualified actuary to join us here at Legal & General in either London or Hove as Group Capital Actuary.
We are seeking a talented actuarial professional to take responsibility for the production of the comparison of Actual and Forecast Solvency II surplus results, including communication of the key messages to senior stakeholders.
This is a brilliant opportunity in our Group function in a visible role, working with various Legal & General business units across the board.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for the management of the Pension Scheme IAS 19 and Solvency II results. This includes quarterly liability and deficit calculations, solvency results, including formula fitting and SCR AOC, and also forecasting and SST requirements.
You will have ownership of the Group Technical Provisions, including bi-annual communication to the Group Audit Committee and support for the quarterly report to the LGAS Audit Committee, and you will have oversight of financial reporting governance across the wider team, including FCF, MRCF and EUC controls.
- Delivery management: Timely delivery of results, meeting required internal and external deadlines. This includes planning and managing the delivery of required inputs into our processes, checking the work of supporting team, as well as the delivery of results.
- Financial management: Show an understanding of the various financial metrics produced as part of the Solvency II P&LA Actual v Forecast analysis and the Pension Scheme results, and delivery of timely and accurate information.
- Internal relationship management: Build and maintain relationships with relevant contacts in Business Units, Group Finance, Group Performance and Prudential Risk. Develop an understanding of the different roles and responsibilities in each area.
- Development and Improvements: Identify potential improvements to processes and support the implementation of process developments.
- Maintain and Comply with Standards: Comply with the relevant Group and Professional Standards – for example L&G Spreadsheet Standards, L&G Group Policies & Procedures, Group internal model governance standards and Technical Actuarial Standards.
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- People management: To manage a Grade 5 in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
What are we looking for?
Typically the role-holder will be an experienced, qualified actuary with understanding of Solvency II Principles and knowledge of actuarial liability reporting and analysis across various metrics.
Ideally you will have data analysis experience and ability to apply financial analysis techniques and draw conclusions from that analysis. You will be a problem solver with the ability to apply fresh and creative thinking and to develop new strategies. Importantly, you will be able to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences, including senior management, with a pragmatic approach.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you. For any questions, contact Helen.Kinloch@landg.com.