Having agreed over 60 PRT transactions in 2020, representing a total value of over £8bn, we secured the pension benefits of more than 53,000 people worldwide. 2020 was one of the most successful years for our US and UK PRT businesses. Come and be part of our success story.
We are hiring for an Actuarial Analyst with prior experience gained in a pensions consulting role or at a life insurer or another de-risking provider to be an active and productive member of our Pension, Risk & Transfers (PRT) Pricing & Execution Team.
As we approach the exam period, we are happy to conduct any interviews after exams have taken place.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting Managers or Directors in providing bulk annuity and longevity quotes to pension schemes in a timely, efficient and proactive manner, working under the supervision and guidance of senior members of the team.
- Ensuring all quotes are produced with the highest level of accuracy and within Legal & General’s pricing model.
- Working within the PRT New Business Team under the guidance of senior members of the team to deliver against ambitious value and volume based new business delivery targets.
- Being an active and productive member of the wider PRT New Business Team, looking to constantly develop knowledge with a view to future career progression.
- Ensuring that the highest level of support is provided to Senior Actuarial Analysts, Managers and Directors at all times.
- Working in line with all relevant processes and procedures ensuring that quality and governance remains of paramount importance throughout the quotes process.
- Supporting the Manager or Director in producing the first draft of the response to “requests for quotations” and benefit specifications.
- Working creatively throughout the quotation process to provide innovative solutions to both clients and the market that meet customers’ needs.
- Ensuring that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk
What are we looking for?
- Part-qualified actuarial student with at least 18 months' experience gained in a pensions consulting role or at a life insurer or another de-risking provider
- Knowledge of defined benefit pension schemes or pricing and capital modelling is desirable
- Some previous experience of being part of a project/deal based team including delegation to more junior team members is desirable
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products.
We also run a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of, and we provide full study support to our student actuaries to fully complete their qualifications.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you. For any questions, contact Helen.Kinloch@landg.com.