Are you a part qualified actuarial student with knowledge of the DB pension scheme market and associated valuation techniques?
Are you seeking to move away from pensions consulting and to use your knowledge and skills at UK’s largest life insurer, a market leader in UK pension risk transfer and one of Europe’s largest asset managers?
Look no further, we have a fantastic opportunity for you. We are seeking a student actuary to join our Collateral and (Re)Insurance Management team.
As we approach the exam period, we are happy to conduct any interviews after exams have taken place.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will focus on managing arrangements agreed following a DB pensions risk transfer deal. The arrangements require that the team maintain ongoing relationships with numerous reinsurers, and potentially Trustee counterparts, and to provide calculations relating to post-sale pricing, reinsurance, longevity insurance, and collateral arrangements.
You will find in this role that no day is ever the same. There is a brilliant mix of technical, client facing and project management work. The role's accountabilities include:
- support the Actuarial Manager in providing post-sale monitoring and calculations relating to buy-in/out pricing, reinsurance, longevity insurance and collateral arrangements in a proactive manner;
- help on-board new PRT reinsurance arrangements, including reviewing and feeding in comments to draft contracts and models;
- ensure the highest level of support is provided to internal and external clients including consultants, trustees and reinsurers at all times;
- support, and check the work of, the Operations Analyst in our Collateral and (Re)Insurance Services team; and
- provide actuarial support to projects relevant to the wider PRT new business team.
What are we looking for?
- part-qualified actuary making good progress with the actuarial exams;
- knowledge of Defined Benefit pension schemes, and associated valuation techniques;
- the ability to work accurately with a high attention to detail;
- strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- strong time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines to ensure project delivery.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products.
We also run a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of, and we provide full study support to our student actuaries to fully complete their qualifications.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you. For any questions, contact Helen.Kinloch@landg.com.