We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified actuary to join our Financial Risk team in London at Legal & General on a 12 month fixed term contract.
We are seeking an actuarial professional with strong communication skills and a solid technical knowledge of assets and liabilities to lead the production of specified financial risk metrics within LGR, providing high-quality results, supporting analysis and commentary on a timely basis.
Working closely with other teams within LGR (Base Reporting, Investment Reporting, Investments, Risk) and Group Finance, you will lead and manage junior members of the Financial Risk team effectively whilst proactively supporting other actuaries in the team.
What will you be doing?
- Financial metrics delivery: Provide timely and accurate delivery of specified financial risk metrics including IFRS sensitivities, Solvency II sensitivities, ALM management information and MA portfolio tests. Proactively support other actuaries in the team to ensure we meet the needs of our customers. Ensure that reporting decisions are documented and receive the appropriate level of governance.
- Stakeholder relationship management: Represent LGR Finance for financial risk reporting and related MI within the company appropriately. Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders including other teams in LGR Finance, LGR Investments and Group Finance. Ensure communication is clear, concise and tailored to the needs of stakeholders. Own the continual development and maintenance of proactive engagement to ensure deliveries continue to meet needs and the quality expected.
- Management and Planning: Own the effective planning of activities required for assigned deliveries, allocating resources to meet the needs of stakeholders. This will include maintenance and development of financial risk reporting assumptions and methodology..
- People Management: Take direct responsibility for managing employees at grades 1 to 4 whilst being a role model to employees at all grades across the wider reporting team. This will include active engagement in coaching and motivating employees in a manner consistent with the Company’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
- Process management and improvement: Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the team’s reporting systems, and processes. Ensure systems and processes are robust, with any associated risks assessed and appropriately controlled. Demonstrate an attitude of continuous improvement, taking responsibility for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of specified areas within the team.
- Change management: Support the Head of Financial Risk Metrics and Head of Financial Risk Modelling in the prioritisation and implementation of system, process and methodology changes. Work closely with other teams within LGR Finance and Group Finance to support the wider change agenda.
- Risk and Control: Demonstrate a risk and control mind set through proactive identification of control weaknesses, and ensure that all such weaknesses, as well as other control observations and issues are remediated quickly, sustainably, and effectively. Work with the Financial Controls team to ensure that relevant risk and control related documentation is good quality and up to date. Demonstrate awareness, understanding, and appropriate action in relation to your personal responsibilities for information security, specifically around access management, data handling (encryption and classification), password control and building security.
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF): Ensure that the appropriate process, systems and controls are in place, and that the risks and issues are identified and escalated within LGR, to ensure that customers are treated fairly.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a qualified actuary with experience in life insurance who has a reasonable understanding of the following:
- Reporting metrics: IFRS, EC and Solvency II
- Bulk and individual annuity products, and the UK finance sector
- Risk and regulatory requirements
- IFRS and Solvency II reporting experience
- Analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness
- Team management, stakeholder management and mentoring experience with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in reviewing processes and implementing improvements
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you. For any questions, contact Helen.Kinloch@landg.com.