Legal & General has a superb opportunity for a technically astute actuarial professional to join us as an Actuarial Technical Lead.
This is a key role in our business whose purpose is to deliver changes to the models and associated tools and code that are owned by the Modelling Centre and used to perform pricing and valuation for the L&G life business.
In a wide ranging role, you will be dedicated to a number of projects and have responsibility for ongoing maintenance for some of the tools and models owned by the team. The role is principally related to change to the Prophet model and associated tools, and the SQL databases and stored procedures used for model point file purposes.
What will you be doing?
- Implement Change: Implement development changes as identified in the requirements documents in line with the agreed work package plan (covering both technical and documentation changes).
- Test Execution: Complete all testing activities as defined in the project plan, ensuring that all test preparation documentation is complete before undertaking testing, and that the test completion reports are completed to document tests undertaken and their success (or otherwise), and signed off by the required stakeholders.
- Documentation: Prepare all project and test documentation (unit / system / integration) ensuring it is complete, accurate and adheres to current best practice standards L&G's development standards and methodology.
- Time Management: actively plan the delivery for the actuarial project work for themselves and the developers on the project
- Change Management: engage actively in managing the delivery of the change, working with the project manager, the business stakeholders and the Actuarial Change team.
and what are we looking for?
- a team player with knowledge of reporting metrics and actuarial finance systems and processes
- knowledge of annuities and the life insurance market
- experience with development of Prophet or SQL coding to an advanced level
- very good knowledge of model development within a large life insurer
- experience of managing work for several developers to deliver change
- experience of wider actuarial development (e.g. SQL, DCS etc)
- ability to produce documentation of development and testing
- good communication style and ability to show initiative in applying good problem solving and analytical skills
As well as developing your actuarial career with lots of internal opportunity for progression, you will have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme if you are a qualified actuary.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you.