We’re a specialist UK financial services group focusing on attractive segments of the UK retirement income market but guess what, we’re not your traditional financial services company and we’re not just looking for traditional financial services people.
We need agile operators, who can quickly find solutions and are committed to doing the right thing for our customers. To fulfil our purpose to help people achieve a better later life.
In 2021 we were named as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for and accredited as a 2 star organisation, representing outstanding levels of engagement. Alongside these we were also recognised as one of the Financial Services’ 30 Best Companies to Work For, London’s 75 Best Large Companies to Work For, South East’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and Northern Ireland’s 10 Best Companies to Work For.
We’re extremely proud to have achieved this against the backdrop of the pandemic and the many challenges it posed to our colleagues and customers.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available to join our Income Pricing Team as an Actuarial Analyst.
Within this role you will support the Actuaries (across the whole team) in ensuring that the teams key deliverables are achieved as well as providing support to the management of existing propositions by carrying out analysis and implementing outcomes onto the system platforms.
You will also actively partake in development projects, where the objective of the team is that the Company develops efficient, marketable products which do not contain unacceptable risk exposures. (Provision of quantified results from profit testing work or capital assessments will form part of the team input into such projects.)
You will also lend your technical expertise other business areas as required including but not limited to Proposition Management and FI Sales and you may be asked to manage or assist other actuarial analysts or assistants in performing their role over time.
This position is based from our Reigate Office in Surrey and although going forward we will be taking more of a Hybrid approach to working, we would expect you to be able to commute to the Office as required.
- Support in providing input in all actuarial aspects of the pricing of both existing products and also allocated development projects.
- Assist in the development and testing of tools for use by the Pricing & Underwriting teams – which includes supporting product developments and their transition into Business as Usual activities.
- Support processes which help in managing the company’s insurance risks.
- Support the work of the Actuarial Assistants by providing tools and process improvements, actioning complex queries, training and handling referrals.
- Provide support to the technical sign-off process for business documents and systems, including appropriateness of messages and confirmation of technical accuracy.
- Understand and respond effectively to customer needs, reviewing and recommending improvements to the propositions to ensure that customers are treated fairly.
- Support the culture of the business; identifying and demonstrating the behaviours and actions that encourage the company's values.
- Support weekly production of profitability and capital impact of movement in yields on a predetermined portfolio of business.
- Support the monthly production of MI for the new business originated in the previous month.
- Support the development and testing of tools used by the Pricing & Property Management team and other teams around the business.
- Support the development and testing of calculations and processes on the JUST administration system.
- Support referrals to the team for ad-hoc or manual calculations currently not undertaken on the system.
- Degree educated with an Upper Second Class/1st Class in a Quantitative Subject.
- A member of the IFoA and making progress with your Actuarial exams.
- A problem solver, with strong analysis and resolution skills.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner at all levels.
- Aware of the products and services provided by Just Group.
- A team player, with a strong desire to build and develop the business further.
- Skilled with relevant computer packages (Excel, VBA etc.), including the ability to develop models from scratch within those packages.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal