A forward-thinking multinational is looking for a qualified non-life actuary to take on a Senior Reserving Actuary position. The Reserving Actuary will be responsible for the company’s international casualty portfolio and will have influence and standing within a well-established team of senior actuaries.
About the Reserving Actuary role
The Reserving Actuary will join a team of 5 actuaries in Dublin while working alongside a variety of international actuarial teams. This is a highly visible role and will enable an ambitious actuary to broaden their technical and leadership experience.
Duties for the role include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Quarterly Financial Reporting process
- Analysis of business practices and supporting planning
- Assisting with all aspects of the valuation analysis and presenting results
- Conducting regular profitability analyses
- Support and contribute to the business’s legal entity assessments
Actuarial skills required
The Reserving Actuary position would suit a Qualified Actuary with post-qualification experience in general insurance. Experience in reserving is essential to the role, as is an excellent understanding of Solvency II. Experience with ResQ and Excel Add-in is desirable, however, will be essential to the performance of this reserving actuary’s responsibilities. The role would suit individuals who are intellectually curious and influential.