Group Risk Pricing Actuary (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: Flexible, ideally within commutable distance of Swindon
Are you looking for that next step up in your Actuarial career? Are you nearly or newly qualified with some Actuarial experience already behind you? If so, this could be your next role and we would love to hear from you.
As a result of exciting growth in the portfolio, we are looking for a Pricing Actuary to join Zurich Corporate Risk (ZCR) pricing team on a permanent basis.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
What will you be doing?
Reporting into the Head of ZCR Pricing, this role will be responsible for monitoring and developing Group Life pricing. You will work closely with our Underwriting team and other key stakeholders and teams across the Life business. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance modelling approaches for pricing using the latest techniques and software
- Ensure processes / models are robust, scalable and adhere to internal / external governance and regulatory requirements
- Monitor sales performance against plan targets and proactively identify and implement initiatives to enable success
- Monitor claims and persistency experience to identify trends
- Assist in pricing of large schemes and distributor deals
- Assist in UAT testing of Quote System updates
What are we looking for?
- Qualified or part qualified actuary with protection pricing experience at a UK insurer
- In depth knowledge of pricing techniques, reinsurance, and profitability metrics
- Excellent data analysis skills, able to confidently work with large data sets
- Knowledge of Power BI and SQL
- Excellent collaboration, organisation, and communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
What will you get in return?
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% company pension contribution (employee contribution optional)
- Car allowance: £4,560 per annuum
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Annual company bonus
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership,
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.