pmactuarial specialise in Actuarial search within UK Life insurance. We have been asked to work on a varied and commercial Strategic Pricing vacancy.
Working within a global Reinsurer, you will report into the Head of Strategic Projects and be involved in the review of all aspects of Pricing with the aim of contributing to the writing of more profitable business in both existing and new markets. Examples of the work will include:
- Role created in response to a need to review all aspects of the pricing function with a particular focus on Protection
- Analysis of potential new markets
- Profitability analysis of existing products ie income protection and group life
- Consideration of new product lines
- Review of all mortality work
- Review of assumptions work
- What other areas internally can the company improve in a market where fine margins dictate success particularly in existing business lines
- Close interaction with R&D and Pricing teams as well as teams internationally
- Liaison with clients – ie. to understand their needs/wants better.
The would suit a commercially minded Actuary who is likely to come from one of the following sources:
- A Pricing Actuary who wants to get away from BAU Pricing
- A Qualified Life Actuary (no Pricing experience required) with demonstrable change, improvement, commercial experience. Someone who can influence and get things done
- A Qualified Life Actuary from a consultancy who has experience of working across a number of different projects/technical areas.
The role requires someone with excellent communication and influencing skills. The role also requires an individual who likes to implement change and understands commerciality.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and I will call you back. For more information, please contact me on 07470 960 691 or firstname.lastname@example.org