Fairbank Partners are currently working with a Life Insurer to find an Internal Model Risk Manager contractor.
We’re currently recruiting for an Intrenal Model Risk Manager to join our Internal Model Oversight team to provide a professional service applying actuarial, technical & business knowledge to support the delivery of informed & effective decision making in order to deliver the company strategy.
As we transition across to a single Internal Model for the Group, the successful candidate will provide effective Independent Validation for activity to prepare the business for operational readiness. Validation will focus on the analysis of results, oversight of the design and effectiveness of controls and embedding of model governance processes.
Contribute to the specification, development and testing of complex propositions or numerical models, analysing a range of business data, making recommendations to Senior Actuaries and/or senior management to support decision making.
• Contribute to the preparation of papers and reports for senior management and executives as required, with suitable supervision.
• Communicate effectively with a technical actuarial audience and simplify communications of technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Provide technical leadership in key areas of expertise and represent business area appropriately within cross divisional projects.
• Apply a high level of knowledge and understanding of technical software, regulation, proposition, systems and processes and changes in the external market place as relevant for role.
• Applying commercial understanding of the business to ensure financial, business & actuarial advice is aligned with the business needs.
• Communicating complex concepts and recommendations to multiple stakeholders across the business both in the UK and potentially globally.
• Regularly working to defined and tight timescales whilst maintaining professional standards.
• Balancing business demand, issues and risks by applying sound judgement in complex scenarios, often with considerable uncertainty.
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Grace Pereira at Fairbank Partners on 07860658339 Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.