A growing reinsurer is seeking a Junior Catastrophe (CAT) Analyst to join their Dublin-based team. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a company that supports learning and development.
About the role
This position reports to the Senior CAT Analyst and will involve working with the underwriting and actuarial teams.
Duties for this role include but are not limited to:
- Conducting CAT risk assessments
- Preparing and developing reports and presentations
- Assisting and advising underwriters and senior management
- Maintaining catastrophe and support systems
- Various other ad-hoc projects
Actuarial skills required
The position would suit an individual from a Mathematics/Statistics background. Data analysis experience and strong IT skills, including Excel, VBA, MS SQL are essential. Previous (re)insurance experience is highly desirable as is cat modelling or exposure management.