A unique opportunity for a nearly/newly qualified actuary to join a rapidly expanding reinsurance company as a Reserving and Risk Actuary. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow with the organisation while learning from senior individuals and working with commercial teams in a dynamic environment.
About the Position
The Reserving and Risk Actuary will report to the CRO & HOAF who is located in Zurich, while working alongside the compliance and finance team in Dublin. Whilst the role is the only actuary based in Dublin for the reinsurance entity, the position will sit with the Irish Actuarial Function who are also based in Dublin. The company’s office is based in Stephens Green, however, their return to work plan will be a combination of home and office work.
Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute towards developing a reserving tools and involvement in building a reserving process
- Communicating with and supporting various teams including pricing, underwriting, and claims and finance
- Production of SII Technical Provisions and updating and maintaining the model
- Quarterly and Annual GAAP and SII reporting including ORSAM QRTs and ARTP.
Actuarial Skills Required
This position would suit a nearly/newly qualified non-life actuary who is intellectually curious and has a keen interest to learn. Previous non-life reserving and SII experience is essential. SII Technical Provisions and ORSA experience is desired. Additional skills required for this position include:
- Strong IT skills including Excel, VBA, R, SQL, and ResQ.
- Excellent communication skills.