We currently have a fantastic opportunity available to join our Model Operations Team as a Systems Analyst.
We would be delighted to accept applications from enthusiastic team players who can demonstrate they are keen to learn and become part of our supportive team tasked with delivering model result to the business. Applicant should be an expert user of Excel, with knowledge of coding applications an advantage. Full training and support will be provided to allow applicant to grow and develop into the role.
As a Systems Analyst you will support the production of financial results from the core Actuarial model/systems for use in reporting, planning and decision making within the Actuarial Department.
You will also carry out and support user testing/implementation of newly developed Actuarial models (as required) and support the management of systems resources to prioritise and deliver high quality, accurate model results to business users.
As well as producing regular model runs, you will also look at ways of improving the processes within the Model Operations Team to further maximise our capabilities.
You will be based from our London office, although at present we’re all working remotely and longer term flexibility will be considered going forwards.
- Deliver Actuarial modelling output to the Group Actuarial function users as required, ensuring regular engagement and effective communication with user groups.
- Support the implementation of models in line with systems release cycles and processes ensuring application of control frameworks and user testing to meet release timeframes.
- Support implementation of systems solutions in line with the Actuarial Department Systems Strategy.
- Support the identification and delivery of improvements to Actuarial Department processes.
- Consult with users to gather change requirements and subsequently implement and test systems solutions within existing or new Excel, Mo.net or other platforms as appropriate.
- Produce model runs, both business as usual and ad-hoc, as requested by the actuarial reporting team.
- Continually seek improvement of the team’s processes and controls.
- Troubleshoot any problems encountered during model runs. Liaising with the wider systems team and reporting team as necessary to resolve any issues.
- Complete any other tasks that may be required to support the wider systems team as necessary.
- A problem solver, with strong analysis and resolution skills.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner at all levels.
- Aware of the products and services provided by Just Group.
- An expert user of Microsoft Excel.
- Preferably knowledgeable of SQL, VB.Net and VBA.
- Excellent technically, with strong IT skills and knowledge of development lifecycle and governance.