Senior Actuarial Analyst
Our Reporting & Analysis team are hiring and we’re currently looking for a part qualified Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our team on a permanent basis. Longer term the role will be based from our London office, although home working will initially be required and longer term flexibility will be considered.
You will support the delivery of the Group’s key actuarial reporting requirements for Solvency II, IFRS and risk-based capital metrics and aid the delivery of actuarial analysis and sensitivities to drive the objectives of the Finance, ALM, Capital and Investment teams.
If you’re a curious individual with ambitions to learn and an ability to showcase an understanding of the external market and Actuarial reporting solutions then we’d love to hear from you. You should be able to display a strong all round technical skillset with specific IFRS and Solvency II knowledge being advantageous.
- Support and perform the production of Group actuarial reports, results and relevant analysis, including IFRS and Solvency II, and deliver reinsurer reporting requirements in line with Group treaties.
- Perform the review of methodologies and assumptions deployed in actuarial systems used to fulfil the team’s objectives.
- Develop and improve the modelling methodologies and reporting tools used and test reporting tools developed by the IT function and Actuarial Systems team.
- Input into the development of responses to requests from UK regulators.
- Operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs).
- Part qualified Actuary and making good progress with exams (completion of CT series ideally)
- Experience of an actuarial reporting function (desirable)
- Experience working with UK and European Life insurer/reinsurer/ consultancy
- Knowledge of insurance products and markets
- Naturally curious with strong communication skills and eye for detail
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal