Interim Project Review Actuary
Fairbank Partners are working with a Life Insurer to find a Project Review Actuarial Contractor.
- Contribute to the specification, development and testing of complex propositions or numerical models, analysing a range of business data, making recommendations to Senior Actuaries and/or senior management to support decision making.
- Lead, develop, coach and mentor actuarial trainees and analysts as required to maximise their contribution and ensure they are fairly rewarded.
- Contribute to the preparation of papers and reports for senior management and executives as required, with suitable supervision.
- Lead small scale projects or elements of large scale more complex (12 month plus duration) projects to support the business.
- Act as actuarial subject matter expert on strategic business or Group level projects to ensure specialist input is provided to business decision making.
- Communicate effectively with a technical actuarial audience and simplify communications of technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Continually look to enhance processes and procedures to deliver effective solutions for the business.
- Provide technical leadership in key areas of expertise and represent business area appropriately within cross divisional projects.
- Apply a high level of knowledge and understanding of technical software, regulation, proposition, systems and processes and changes in the external market place as relevant for role.
- Maintaining up to date regulatory, business & professional knowledge in an environment of fast moving regulatory change.
- Maintaining breadth and depth of technical understanding to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements.
- Applying commercial understanding of the business to ensure financial, business & actuarial advice is aligned with the business needs.
- Communicating complex concepts and recommendations to multiple stakeholders across the business both in the UK and potentially globally.
- Regularly working to defined and tight timescales whilst maintaining professional standards.
- Balancing business demand, issues and risks by applying sound judgement in complex scenarios, often with considerable uncertainty.
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Grace Pereira at Fairbank Partners on 07860658339 Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.
Apply for Interim Project Review Actuary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly