Non-Life Risk Actuary
One of our client’s Risk management objectives is to provide an independent opinion of our Client’s levels of technical reserves and profitability.
Your responsibilities will cover all technical provisions, for the full range of our client’s lines of business, on a worldwide basis. This will include a large scope of businesses and markets, encompassing both the Insurance and Reinsurance segments, for a large range of products. You will interact with various internal and Group Risk Management teams as well as several operational teams; in particular, 1st line Lead reserving and pricing actuaries, finance, underwriters, reinsurance and claims experts.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Conduct regular technical and reserve valuation analyses across relevant lines of business.
- Assess, review and challenge the appropriateness of methodologies and assumptions.
- Develop and select independent reserving assumptions and methodologies.
- Identify any areas of uncertainty and estimate their potential impacts.
- Provide Group Senior Management with a 2nd Opinion on Technical Reserves and profitability.
- Calculate, with the support of the capital modelling team, the reserve Risk Appetites.
- Ensure that reserving policies, processes and procedures locally meet standard requirements.
- Contribute to transversal profitability reviews.
- Contribute to Risk Management’s opinion on the Business Plan loss ratios.
- Contribute to any regulatory requirements, be involved in internal projects (e.g. IFRS 17) as far as claims and reserving are concerned.
- Develop close relationships with Claims, Finance/Actuarial, Underwriting and Reinsurance departments to follow-up regularly on trends, claims evolutions, emerging risks, profitability and reserving evolutions.
- You will report to our Client’s Head of Reserving 2nd Opinion
Our Client is looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
Technical and professional skills
- Technical P&C actuarial expertise in reserving and modelling.
- Experience in P&C insurance commercial lines, specialty risks and assumed reinsurance is a strong asset.
- Ability to build, use and understand various actuarial models.
- Knowledge of data analytics techniques is a plus.
- Good understanding of Underwriting, Claims and Reserves assessment connections.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Capacity to solve problems, and put things into perspective.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently using own initiative and be a good team player. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within the team to tight deadlines.
- Capacity to adapt to new situations and a keen ability to enhance/organize team working practices.
- Relevant experience in P&C actuarial fields, with a significant focus on reserving.
- Demonstrated development and/or enhancement of actuarial tool and modelling capabilities.
- Experience in large P&C commercial lines, specialty risks and reinsurance is a strong asset.
Apply for Non-Life Risk Actuary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly