Investment Risk Actuary - With Profits
Oliver James Dublin is representing our global life insurance client in their focus to appoint an investment risk actuary to support With Profit management activities in relation to investments.
The successful candidate will provide a professional service applying actuarial, technical, and business knowledge to support the informed and effective decision-making in order to deliver the company strategy.
Key Aspects of the role
- Support refinement of investment governance structures
- Oversight of outsourced activities for e.g. tasks for the role include:
- Review of the Strategic Asset allocation of annuity fund and shareholder fund
- Review of investment guidelines for all shareholder funds
- Ensuring that the execution and quarterly rebalancing of hedges are in line with the hedging policy
- Review of investment instructions
- Production of monthly MI for the Credit & Investment Committee
- Point of contact for all investment-related queries
- Support With Profit management activities in relation to investments
- Support capital management activities as required
- Support projects as required
- Communicate complex concepts and recommendations to multiple stakeholders across the business, and influencing decisions through sound analytical rationale.
- Regularly working to defined and tight timescales whilst maintaining professional standards
- Balancing business demand, issues, and risks by applying sound judgment in complex scenarios often with considerable uncertainty
- Developing and maintaining meaningful working relationships across the business
- Contributing to the preparation of papers and reports for senior management and executives as required
- Continually looking to enhance processes and procedures to deliver effective solutions for the business
- Providing technical leadership in key areas of expertise and representing the business area appropriately within cross-divisional projects
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland (or equivalent) and/or the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Strong actuarial skills, in-depth understanding of standards and principles.
- Strong MS Excel and MS VBA skills
- Excellent communication, particularly of technical concepts with the ability to make the complex simple (verbal and written)
- A strong customer focus with the ability to challenge the team's purpose and processes to ensure they are in the best interests of our customers.
- Good influencing skills and demonstrated skills in managing and building key relationships
- Strong planning & organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
Our client offers an excellent work-life balance, in a diverse and commercially focused team.
For more information, click on the link…
Apply for Investment Risk Actuary - With Profits
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly