If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As an HSBC employee you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a non-contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our growing team in the role of Pricing Actuary.
The UK Pricing Team provide actuarial and analytical services to Insurance UK. As a Pricing Actuary you will lead and support pricing projects for both Wealth and Retail products, providing support and insight in the pricing models and process, supporting the integrity, promotion, maintenance and development of new and existing products in line with the AOP. Thus ensuring that the proposition design continues to meet the regulatory, competiveness, service level and needs of our customers, stakeholders and shareholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Influencing and negotiating the pricing of new and existing insurance products and services with internal and external stakeholders with a high level of accuracy.
- Analyse, monitor and evaluate key business metrics (profit, brand, resource, cost, performance) which support initiatives to achieve improvement for the customer, stakeholders and shareholders.
- Planning and prioritising activities to ensure delivery in line with agreed objectives – individual and business.
- Continual assessment, identification and implementation of opportunities for product improvement and mitigation of risk.
- Personal drive, tenacity and resilience through a complex governance and matrix managed business.
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across the full product journey, including but not exclusive to - Product Teams, Chief Actuary, CFO, CRO and Third Parties.
- Continual assessment, monitoring and reporting of the operational risks associated with the appropriate delivery of new products and initiatives, maintenance and assessment of existing product or exiting of products/relationships, taking account of but not exclusive to; changing economic or market conditions/legal and regulatory requirements/operational procedures and restructuring/ new technology/internal audits.
- Demonstrating understanding and adherence to the Governance Process.
- Deliver fair outcome for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have made significant headway made through actuarial exams, or a newly qualified actuary (FIA or equivalent)
- Have a solid understanding of UK insurance products
- Have excellent experience in insurance or reinsurance pricing
- Have an understanding of recent/upcoming changes to insurance regulation (e.g. FCA, IFRS17)
- Have experience in Excel (VBA), PowerPoint, Prophet, Python and SQL
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Be a confident communicator across various channels and levels.
The base location for this role can be either Whiteley or London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Telephone: +44 2078328500