Insurance Risk Manager
Arthur financial have partnered with an exciting financial services business to assist with the hire of an Insurance and Financial Risk Manager. Working in collaboration with the Head of Risk and Chief Risk Officer, you will assist with the development and embedding of a comprehensive risk management framework across the Actuarial, Finance, Pricing & Underwriting & Claims functions.
You will provide oversight and challenge to the business on the risk it faces, you will need an in-depth understanding of these business areas and the quantitative approaches they use, to offer robust challenge as well as pragmatic and practical advice.
Key responsibilities of this role include;
- Co-ordinate ORSA Stress & Scenario testing.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the annual Model Validation Plan, ensuring appropriate alignment with external Validation activity.
- Assist in other ORSA process activities including oversight of the Actuarial Function (Calculation of Reserves on IFRS and SII bases, Opinion on Underwriting & Reinsurance Policy) and Model Appropriateness assessments.
- Providing second line of defence oversight of and challenge to the business to identify, measure, handle, supervise and report on key Insurance & Financial risks.
- Report to various governance committees, including the Model Control Board and Management Risk Committee, as appropriate Insurance & Financial Risk matters - and support the CRO in Audit and Board Risk Committee reporting.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent qualification or experience in a related subject area, e.g. finance, insurance, actuarial, along with experience of the insurance sector; able to demonstrate an understanding of how business operates and key business processes. You will have experience working with risk management frameworks and methodology with detailed knowledge and experience of Solvency II; understands current trends and UK regulation.
This is a technical role, which will require the candidate to be able to demonstrate an understanding of pricing/reserving and impact on capital allocation/efficiency
Study support will be provided for those currently going through the actuarial exams or those wishing to start. Complete flexibility will be offered for location or home working.