Senior Actuarial Analyst
- Full Time
Our actuaries lead the way here at Just and none more so than within our Defined Benefit Pricing team. As we scale up to grow our evolving DB proposition we have a great opportunity to join us on a 6 month day rate Contract as a Senior Actuarial Analyst.
Based from either our London or Reigate offices you’ll work alongside a collaborative and dedicated team, undertake pricing and actuarial input required to support delivery of the DB Business Plan which includes all aspects of BAU delivery and project requirements.
We’re interested in hearing from talented individuals who have BPA or Pricing experience within a pensions consultancy or life insurer. If this sounds like you then do reach out to us to find out more.
- Support our DB Actuaries in the accurate and timely delivery of new business quotations.
- Populate and run pricing models to calculate premiums, including manipulation of data, assumption setting and calculation of all associated pricing metrics.
- Support the accurate and timely delivery of data true ups
- Check drafts of internal or external sign off documentation produced by the team for each quotation or true up, ensuring results are presented in a clear manner, outlining all material areas of judgement and limitations.
- Proactively drive projects forward to ensure they are progressed in line with expected timescales.
- Check individual member calculations carried out, to ensure they are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop a deep knowledge of all systems and tools used in DB pricing.
- Provide support in ad hoc tasks such as data analysis, proposition developments, systems testing and process improvements.
- Have experience of working within a pension consultancy or life insurer
- BPA or Pricing experience
- Are working towards FIA qualification and making good progress with the actuarial exams
- Sound knowledge of technical actuarial concepts, particularly principles underlying bulk annuity pricing
- Good knowledge and awareness of the DB buy in/buy out market, life insurance and relevant regulation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills