Actuarial Analyst - Hybrid role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join one of our top clients in the London market. The opportunity is varied in nature, as you will have exposure to multiple lines of business with pricing, reserving and capital responsibilities. Another huge benefit is that the client is very flexible and will cater the role to your preference of function, which makes it a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to diversify their experience.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Pricing: Develop and maintain pricing tools this involves refinement of the tools through recalibrations and the development of appropriate statistical pricing methodologies
- Reserving: support the forecasting of technical provisions, reserve margins and reserve uncertainties to provide business analysis/MI for reports and accounts, business planning, profitability studies and commutations
- Capital: Participate in the regular Solvency II reporting work ensuring reports are delivered within deadlines to required standards.
- Carry out deep-dive profitability reviews (both proactively and in response to concerning leading KPIs). This will involve analysis of the profitability of individual accounts and/or business segments, as required
- Establish an excellent working relationship with Underwriting and senior management to ensure their long-term support for all areas of the actuarial department
- Understand market developments globally and ensure that loss trends, both prospective and retrospective, are understood and reflected in our underwriting activities
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- BSc in Actuarial Sciences or related degree
- Part or nearly qualified actuary with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, ideally within the London / Lloyd’s market
- Understanding of industry best practice in actuarial analysis, modelling and underwriting
- Effective communication
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of VBA and Python or R would be extremely beneficial
If you are interested to learn more, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
email@example.com | 0203 640 9840