Actuary, Insurance Policy
3 days left
- Full Time
The Bank of England is the UK's central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people. The Bank of England is a diverse organisation. Each of its 4,000 plus people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability.
We are advertising a role in our Insurance Policy Division. We work to maintain a strong and coherent prudential regime for UK insurers. We do this by crafting the international and domestic regulatory regimes, and supporting their implementation.
We are fully committed to having a diverse and inclusive working environment and we support our staff in structuring their working arrangements to balance their work-life needs. This role is open to job shares, flexible (including working from home days) and part-time working patterns. We also offer many opportunities for training and career development.
This is a multifaceted role spanning technical development and research, relationship management and direct policy negotiation. You will help to craft our approach to insurance regulation with a focus on international engagement. You will develop and present policy papers for consideration by senior committees and publications explaining our policy to industry. You will also regularly brief seniors on specialist topics, ranging from capital requirements to emerging areas such as FinTech, and will represent the Bank in international forums.
You will be based in Threadneedle Street, London.
- Depth and breadth of experience in financial services, public policy, consultancy or professional services.
- Experience in an actuarial or similar quantitative financial role, particularly with a focus on capital requirements and technical elements of insurance liability valuation, such as discount rates and risk margins.
- Able to balance and prioritise multiple demands.
- Able to build positive relationships and manage multiple interests.
- Self-motived, taking ownership for outcomes.
- Able to quickly develop in-depth knowledge of disparate topics.
- Able to distil sophisticated issues/topics into simple, clear messages for a broad range of audiences.Qualifications
The salary range for this vacancy is £59,400 - £89,000, dependent on relevant skills, qualifications and experience. In addition, the total reward package also includes:
- A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. There is the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through our flexible benefits programme each year.
- A discretionary performance award based on a current award pool.
- A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits.
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits.
- Private medical insurance and income protection.
For more information and to submit a formal application, please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 25 June 2021.