Internal Consulting Actuary | 3-5 YPQE
A unique opportunity has arisen in London for a Qualified Life Actuary with 3-5 years PQE to join a dynamic Internal Consulting team within the UK's fastest growing insurer.
- Key areas of responsibility relate to the line 2 assurance of the Solvency II, MCEV and IFRS reporting bases, and the review of new business pricing and reinsurance transactions.
- To provide primary support to the Head of Actuarial Assurance, particularly in relation to
- review and validate proposals for prospective new scheme transactions, or strategic developments, including insight and assurance on the content, quality and implications of proposals and advice in relation to the risks, controls, and relevant contractual wording.
- detailed risk reviews (primarily for prospective transaction risks), validation activities, and engage in business decisions, activities or projects as requested by the Head of Actuarial Assurance and AFH.
- support the fieldwork and drafting of Actuarial Function opinions relating to Underwriting; Reinsurance Arrangements; and the methods, assumptions and adequacy of Technical Provisions.
- reviewing the calculations supporting the annual and monthly reporting metrics, and the weekly solvency updates, including analyses supporting experience analyses and assumption setting
- performing and reporting on deep dive reviews, e.g. new business pricing, reporting processes, experience analyses, data quality
- performing ad-hoc investigations into emerging issues within areas of responsibility
To provide ad-hoc support to the Head of Model Risk and Validation, as required.
Apply for Internal Consulting Actuary | 3-5 YPQE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly