Data Scientist II
An interesting opportunity for a part-qualified or nearly qualified actuary to join a renowned insurer on their Dublin team in a data scientist role. This position will allow for the development of technical and analytical skills and enable data driven strategic decision making.
About the Role
The data scientist role is responsible for the development of a variety of predictive models and tools. Other responsibilities of the data scientist role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement modelling methodologies
- Perform technical and creative predictive analytics projects
- Model maintenance
- Develop and present findings, insights and recommendations while working with other teams.
Actuarial Skills Required
The suitable candidate for this Data Scientist role will be a Part-Qualified actuary with non-life insurance experience in an analytical role. Suitable candidates for this role should have:
- Experience and understanding of statistical techniques
- Experience with programming software such as R/Python/SAS is needed for this role
- Experience with large data sets and data bases
- Experience with statistical techniques including general linear models, survival models and Bayesian approaches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Apply for Data Scientist II
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly