Senior Capital Actuary
6 days left
- Full Time
At Just we encourage a flexible and agile working environment for the majority of our opportunities. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.
Our Capital Management team are hiring and we’re now recruiting for a Senior Capital Actuary to join our team on a permanent basis from our London office.
As a Senior Actuary in the Internal Model team you’ll support the Head of Internal Model and the Director of Capital Management to manage and develop risk-based capital models within the Group.
The role itself covers all aspects of capital methodology and includes compliance with relevant regulatory standards around data, documentation, statistical quality, calibration and validation and taking into account changes in regulatory guidance and emerging industry practice.
The internal model team supports the development of a stable capital position to enable delivery of organic capital generation – a strategically vital target across the group.
- Support the delivery of an annual recalibration of the Internal Model risks to ensure the Internal Model remains up to date.
- Support delivery of the annual proxy restructure review.
- Drive improvements in the Internal Model aligned to the IM development log.
- Assess the capital model implications of Group projects. Identify risks, issues and opportunities that could impact the capital position. Support Project Owners to ensure projects are implemented in a capital efficient way.
- Prepare papers for the Internal Model Governance Forum (‘IMGF’) to report on the activities related to the Internal Model to assist the Group CRO to manage the model.
- Support delivery of the Standard Formula appropriateness assessment for insurance entities not currently included in the Internal Model.
- Contribute to response to PRA queries, ad hoc data request and deep dives relating to the Internal Model.
- Be a subject matter expert in regulatory capital, recognised across the firm.
- Become established as a technical lead in a number of areas of the IM.
- Qualified FIA, FFA or equivalent
- Extensive Internal model experience within a Life Insurer
- Prior day to day management of an Internal Model
- Experience of Solvency II
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- An understanding of the regulatory environment which Just operate within
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal