Actuarial contractor - Project work
Oliver James have been engaged by a major Life Insurance business to resource Actuarial contractors to join their IFRS 17 project
The client has multiple day rate contract positions available to support the IFRS 17 project with transistions and reporting work. No IFRS 17 Experience is required.
Contractors should ideally be a Qualified or Experienced actuary with significant Life Insurance experience. A background in Reporting, Implementation or Reinsurance would be beneficial
The role holder will quickly develop a good understanding of the IFRS 17 standard.
Location: You can work remotely, and the client has offices across the UK
Start Date: As soon as possible. Can accommodate a notice period
Duration: 6-12 month initial contract (depending on start date) + Extensions
Status: Inside IR35 - contractor will be engaged via an Umbrella company
Rates: £850 to £1000/day (depending on experience)
You will support a range of activities within the IFRS 17 project. These can be tailored depending on experience and areas of interest but could include:
- Support production and agreement of the methods to calculate the CSM on transition.
- Support with IFRS 17 methodology for reinsurance reporting
- Liaise with the actuarial reporting teams for SII and IFRS4 reporting, to understand how the liabilities have changed in recent years.
- Calculate CSM figures across a range of products in line with agreed controls. An iterative approach will be used to move from indicative figures to final, audit-standard figures.
- Exercise actuarial judgement to produce interim figures that are fit-for-purpose without undue effort
- Contribute to documents and papers used to secure approval from IFRS17 governance bodies and external auditors.
- Qualified or Experienced Life Actuary
- Knowledge of IFRS, Solvency II, IFRS 17 or other reporting standard
- Good communication skills
- Able to work to project deadlines
- Knowledge of Reinsurance is welcomed
The business is ready to review and interview without delay, so please apply TODAY
You can also send a copy of your CV to Chris Armstrong at Chris.Armstrong@oliverjames.com