Actuarial Life Manager - IFRS17 and Data Analytics
3 days left
- Full Time
Oliver James Associates Dublin are representing a global consultancy practice in their search to appoint a Life Actuarial and Data Analytics Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join a fast-growing team with a focus on actuarial and data analytics. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will be involved in a wide variety of actuarial engagements related to reserving, IFRS17, Solvency II, reinsurance, capital / risk management, data analytics and actuarial modelling.
The role is to significantly contribute to the successful delivery of a wide variety of assignments while providing technical IFRS17 expertise as required. The successful candidate will be the technical lead for certain projects, particularly those relating to IFRS17, including dealing with client issues and providing internal updates. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career.
- Technical lead for IFRS17 related engagements providing expertise and specialist knowledge.
- Assist in the successful delivery of a wide variety of engagements, including the development of client relationships in order to enhance our reputation and brand.
- Contribute to the development of the company's market proposition through the skills and knowledge they bring and those they will develop / enhance in the future.
- Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and contribute to the creation of superior proposals demonstrating an understanding of the market, client needs and the Firm's offering.
- Provide on-going training and support to the team, particularly from a technical perspective. This will include planning, managing and allocating work to junior members of the team.
- Networking internally to identify potential collaboration and cross-selling opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to Firm policies and standards as well as the relevant actuarial technical and professional standards, including risk management, escalating key risk issues appropriately.
Required skills and attributes:
- Nearly / newly qualified actuary with at least 5 years' experience in the life insurance industry.
- Extensive IFRS17 knowledge including practical implementation experience.
- Financial reporting experience, in particular Solvency II TPs and SCR.
- Working knowledge of actuarial software e.g. PROPHET.
- Capable of working autonomously or as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
- Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Word.
- Consultancy experience including managing projects and client relationships.
- Internal Model and / or capital modelling experience.
- ALM, pricing or reinsurance experience.
- People management experience.
- Awareness of current topics in insurance and challenges facing the insurance industry.
- Interest in developing data analytics skills
- Knowledge of R, Python and SQL.
- Experience using MS PowerPoint and MS Visio.
For more information get in touch via the contact details above and below..
Apply for Actuarial Life Manager - IFRS17 and Data Analytics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly