Data Scientist/Engineer to sit across Actuarial & Cat Team
Exclusive to Fairbank Partners, we are working with a Global Reinsurer to find a Data Scientist/Engineer to join them in their Pricing Division in London. You will straddle both the Actuarial Pricing and Cat/Exposure Management team as support resource, working across all lines of business data which includes, D&F, Binders, both modelled and non modelled classes.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Working with the actuarial and exposure management teams to improve and enhance the use of data in the decision making process through a focus on:
- Data storage, systems and processes:
- Development and maintenance of data flows and systems.
- Sourcing external data for internal use.
- Data analysis and insights:
- Development and parametrisation of pricing models.
- Development of business intelligence reports/dashboards.
- Analysis of exposure aggregations.
- Develop and improve on existing data visualisation tools, which will be used to explore and translate data in ways that are useful to help Stakeholders understand the portfolio and make better informed decisions
- Natural language Processing (NLP):
- Have experience using NLP techniques, in particular text classifications within context of claims and exposure data
- Sharing of knowledge on data analysis and systems methods/techniques to help upskill colleagues.
We are looking for someone with:
- A Numerate degree, preferably in Data Science/Engineering
- 2-4 years of experience in data science/engineering, working in a general insurance context in a Lloyd’s syndicate or London Market an advantage.
- Experience in structuring and manipulating complex data as well as analysis and visualisation of data through the application of data science techniques.
- Good knowledge of programming languages - Python or R, and SQL.
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI and Excel software.
Knowledge of catastrophe modelling tools and analytical output an advantage.
*This role does not offer Actuarial study support or visa sponsorship*
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Ashley Beatens at Fairbank Partners on 07845551325. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.
Apply for Data Scientist/Engineer to sit across Actuarial & Cat Team
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly