Actuarial Analyst - Systems
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We have an exciting opportunity available to join our Systems Team as an Actuarial Analyst.
In this role you will support the development and maintenance of our actuarial systems, models and tools used by the Actuarial Department. As well as supporting to deliver work designed to improve the robustness and efficiency of the Actuarial Department through process improvements, system enhancements and implementing an adequate control framework.
You will also support the implementation of approved business requirements that are necessary to support regulatory requirements, new products, reinsurance structures, management information and external reporting requirements.
You will also assist with the production of financial results from the core Actuarial model and systems for use in the Actuarial Department for Reporting, planning and decision making purposes.
In this position you will be based from our London office, although at present we’re all working remotely and longer term flexibility will be considered going forwards.
- Implement, under supervision, elements of new requirements into Actuarial systems, models and tools
- Support the implementation of systems solutions in line with the Actuarial Department Systems Strategy.
- Support the identification and delivery of improvements to Actuarial Department processes.
- Operate within the control framework including delivering appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (specifically TAS and APS X2).
- Deliver Actuarial modelling output to the Group Actuarial function users as required, ensuring regular engagement and effective communication with user groups.
- Support implementation of models in line with systems release cycles and processes ensuring application of control frameworks and user testing to meet release timeframes
- Complete traditional platform (Mo.net, SQL, VB.Net) based model development work, in line with BAU or Investment programme priorities.
- Produce model runs (both business as usual and ad-hoc) as requested by the actuarial reporting team.
- Troubleshoot any problems encountered during model runs. Liaising with the wider systems team and reporting team as necessary to resolve any issues.
- Perform any other tasks that may be required to support the wider systems team as necessary.
- A First/Upper Second Class Graduate with a degree in a numerate or financial subject.
- Either a member of the IFoA and making progress with your exams already or intend to progress with the IFoA exams in the future (if you are a recent Graduate)
- Experienced in Excel, SQL, VB.Net, VBA and/or other Actuarial Modelling Software.
- A problem solver, with strong analysis and resolution skills.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner at all levels.
- Aware of the products and services provided by Just Group and have a basic knowledge of insurance products/markets.
- Ideally experienced in Technical Actuarial within Reporting, Pricing, Capital or Investments within a Life/Pensions Company (this would be advantageous but is not essential)
- Ideally experienced within an Actuarial Systems/Modelling Team (this would be advantageous but is not essential)
- Somewhat experienced in Actuarial modelling change projects (experience in developing actuarial software would be advantageous but is not essential)
- Aware of software development principles and Technical Actuarial Standards.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal
We are a FTSE 250 Financial Services Company who specialises in Retirement Solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of Retirement Company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package as a company Just encourage a flexible working environment where possible – get in touch with us to discuss this in more detail.