Trader / Investment Manager
Our Investment Management team are hiring and we’re currently looking for a Trader / Investment Manager to join our team on a permanent contract based from our London office, although home working will initially be required and longer term flexibility will be considered.
You will support the Head of Investment Management and the broader Investment team, providing a leading role for financial market trading activities including derivatives, bonds, foreign exchange, repo execution and operational activities, and be a dedicated SME across those area.
You’ll also provide broader quantitative and analytic support to the investment process and other investment team deliverables such as the investment components of pricing, asset modelling, hedging and liquidity risk management.
- Play a lead role in the execution and monitoring of trades occurring outside of external asset management mandates (i.e. financial derivative, bond, FX and other trades)
- Provide information and opportunity flow in respect of internal corporate bond portfolio management
- Monitor the financial position of hedge programs
- Research and maintain market capabilities and infrastructure in relation to trading initiatives and operations, including relationship management with trading counterparties
- Develop and implement solutions in respect of structured investment techniques and liquidity risk mitigation
- Provide the technical and quantitative analysis skills required to build/maintain/evaluate complex financial asset models and to cooperate/interact with other technical areas such as pricing and capital management
- Provide technical modelling and other support to the broader Investment team in the design and implementation of new initiatives and strategies
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of new investment and investment related pricing frameworks
- Support the development of internal tools and quantitative libraries for the efficient pricing of in-house derivatives and cash instruments
- Work closely with internal stakeholders most notably in the areas of Finance, Actuarial, Risk, and in particular supports the regular investment management process.
- A number of years cross asset trade execution experience, in either a market making or asset management environment, in particularly for fixed income/credit securities and derivatives
- Experience of risk mitigation techniques involving financial derivatives
- Proven track-record of developing robust and practical solutions to complex technical issues.
- Deep multi-asset class understanding of financial instruments and markets, market microstructure, investments and trading
- Excellent commercial and technical skills in financial derivatives in particular for interest rate swaps/swaptions, inflation swaps, cross currency swaps, credit default swaps, total return swaps
- Strong expertise and knowledge of corporate and government bond markets
- Expertise in repo markets and liquidity risk mitigation techniques
- Expertise in market risk calibration and management techniques
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal