Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available to join our Model Operations Team as a Systems Analyst.
As a Systems Analyst you will support the production of financial results from the core Actuarial model/systems for use in Reporting, planning and decision making within the Actuarial Department.
You will also carry out and support user testing/implementation of newly developed Actuarial models (as required) and support the management of systems resources to prioritise and deliver high quality, accurate model results to business users.
As well as producing regular model runs, you will also look at ways of improving the processes within the Model Operations Team to further maximise our capabilities.
You will be based from our London office, although at present we’re all working remotely and longer term flexibility will be considered going forwards.
- Deliver Actuarial modelling output to the Group Actuarial function users as required, ensuring regular engagement and effective communication with user groups.
- Support the implementation of models in line with systems release cycles and processes ensuring application of control frameworks and user testing to meet release timeframes.
- Support implementation of systems solutions in line with the Actuarial Department Systems Strategy.
- Support the identification and delivery of improvements to Actuarial Department processes.
- Consult with users to gather change requirements and subsequently implement and test systems solutions within existing or new Excel, Mo.net or other platforms as appropriate.
- Produce model runs, both business as usual and ad-hoc, as requested by the actuarial reporting team.
- Continually seek improvement of the team’s processes and controls.
- Troubleshoot any problems encountered during model runs. Liaising with the wider systems team and reporting team as necessary to resolve any issues.
- Complete any other tasks that may be required to support the wider systems team as necessary.
- A problem solver, with strong analysis and resolution skills.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner at all levels.
- Aware of the products and services provided by Just Group.
- An expert user of Microsoft Excel.
- Preferably knowledgeable of SQL, VB.Net and VBA (this would be advantageous).
- Excellent technically, with strong IT skills and knowledge of development lifecycle and governance.
- IT or Computer Science qualified and/or experienced (this would be beneficial).
- Ideally experienced in Technical Actuarial within Reporting, Pricing, Capital or Investments within a Life/Pensions Company.
- Experienced in running, developing and maintaining an Actuarial Model.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal
We are a FTSE 250 Financial Services Company who specialises in Retirement Solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of Retirement Company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package as a company Just encourage a flexible working environment where possible – get in touch with us to discuss this in more detail.