Pensions De-Risking Associate (Start-Up)
I have an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing start-up focusing on bringing defined benefit schemes together. The role will primarily focus on new business pricing, although there will be opportunities to be involved across the business. This is an exciting opportunity for an actuarial student early in their career to be at the forefront of innovation in UK pensions.
Key to the role will be:
- Supporting new business pricing, with the aim of growing into ownership of individual quotes
- Helping prepare technical papers and client-facing documentation
- Supporting the Business Development team on new business opportunities (there is potential for more client-facing engagement if desired)
- Maintenance of actuarial models and documentation
- Contributing to ongoing development of pricing assumptions and actuarial risk monitoring & reporting metrics
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Identify process improvements and drive through change
Ideally you'll be a mid-level to senior student from a life insurance or pensions background and have experience of de-risking, cashflow modelling and pension scheme data. Ideally you'll also understand investment and longevity actuarial assumptions and capital modelling and profit testing.