Budgeting Actuary | London
Oliver James have partnered up with the UK's fastest growing insurance business who are seeking to recruit a Budgeting Actuary.
This role will sit within the Business Partnering team within Finance, which works closely with "the front office" to create a real and active partnership with both management and operations. The goal of the team is to provide 'real time' support and analysis, to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in Senior Management decision making.
The role will include producing or validating the required analysis of financial implications of asset trades/transfers, and understanding the features and balance sheet impacts of potential new business.
As a bridge between the front office and Finance, the role-holder will be required to support other teams in Finance, in particular the Forecasting and Planning team and the Financial Reporting team, to explain the balance sheet impact of Investment activities.
- Support analysis of the financial implications of new trades, transfers from/to the MA portfolio and other hedging and risk management activities.
- Understand cashflow matching of the MA fund
- Understand the key features of new schemes written by the Origination team and the balance sheet implications of writing those schemes.
- Support the Forecasting and Planning team in the preparation of the Weekly solvency estimate.
- Support ad hoc actuarial or business projects as required by Senior Actuaries.
You will be a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary with up to 3 Years PQE. Ideally from a Consultancy background. Candidates from Insurance/Reinsruance will also be considered.
Apply for Budgeting Actuary | London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly