Director Compensation and Benefits
Job group: 3
Duration of contract: Five years
Grade: G13/3 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 12.929,48)
Career path: Managerial
Application deadline: 28.02.2021
Interviews planned for: Calendar week 11/ 2021
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes. The salary range depends on experience.
The European Patent Office – innovation starts here
As a knowledge-based and self-financed organisation supporting innovation, competitiveness and economic growth across Europe, we consider our staff to be the bedrock of the European Patent Office (EPO). The commitment and expertise of our talented employees ensures our success. One of the key strategic goals in our Strategic Plan 2023 is to Build an engaged, knowledgeable and collaborative organisation.
Within our Corporate Policies Principal Directorate, our Compensation and Benefits team is responsible for designing policies related to the employee package and for managing different social-security schemes from a long-term social and financial sustainability perspective.
We are looking for a seasoned compensation and benefits manager to help us shape social policies and a robust, financially-sustainable employee value proposition, with a view to striking a fair balance between employees’ expectations and the EPO’s financial long-term sustainability.
With us you will:
- Advise the EPO’s senior management team on compensation and benefits matters
- Design and implement assigned compensation and benefits projects and reforms
- Lead a team of nine compensation and benefits experts, external consultants and actuaries
- Participate in statutory bodies, and pension fund and salary savings plan supervisory committees
- Actively contribute to the smooth functioning of social dialogue
- Monitor pension and social security schemes, as well as career reward and allowance mechanisms
- Lead actuarial analyses and simulations of the financial impact of compensation and benefits and social security schemes
- Give research-based recommendations on current and/or new benefit programmes and analysis of compensation systems and practices in other organisations and industry
- Liaise with insurers/providers/consultants to maximise plan design and cost optimisation, and to develop measures to monitor and control healthcare costs
- Support the monitoring of the development of total staff costs, including payroll and long-term liabilities, and the assessment of their impact on the overall EPO financial situation
Apply if you have:
- Several years of professional experience in compensation/benefits matters in an international organisation or multinational company
- Several years of managerial experience
- Prior experience in social dialogue
- Excellent knowledge of compensation and benefits best practices; actuarial skills and a formal qualification in this area would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to team up and network with a large variety of stakeholders (senior management, other departments including HR and Finance, staff representatives, external consultants, auditors, international organisations, etc.) and subject-matter experts to deliver collaborative, solution-oriented and successful outcomes on complex issues
- Ability to embrace and promote change in a dynamic environment
- Experience in project/programme management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Proficiency in MS Office (focus Excel) required; experience with SAP applications is an advantage
- Diploma of completed studies at master's level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience
- Generally, an excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one EPO official language (English, French and German) and ability to understand the other two. In exceptional cases, excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one EPO official language and working knowledge (at least B2) of another. In such cases, the willingness to learn the third language and to reach level B2 within a set time frame would be required.
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
Apply now via the "Apply" button
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief