Actuary - Actuarial Systems
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Our Actuarial Systems team are hiring and we’re currently looking for a nearly/newly qualified Actuary to join our team on a permanent contract based from our London office, although home working will initially be required and longer term flexibility will be considered.
You will lead the development and maintenance of actuarial systems, models and tools used by the Actuarial Department. You’ll also work on the implementation of approved business requirements necessary to support regulatory requirements, new products, reinsurance structures, management information and external reporting requirements.
Managing the delivery of work designed to improve the robustness and efficiency of the Actuarial Department you’ll develop process improvements, make system enhancements and implement adequate control frameworks.
If you’re a curious individual with a passion for IT/Actuarial modelling then we’d love to hear from you. You should be able to display a strong all round technical skillset with a background across a life insurer, pensions consultancy or investment business.
- Perform traditional platform (Mo.net, SQL, VB.Net) based model development work, in line with BAU or Investment programme priorities.
- Deliver systems change for projects and manage dependencies with the wider change delivery and IT processes.
- Act as model steward responsible for systems release cycles and processes ensuring application of control frameworks and release timeframes.
- Specify, test, review, develop and document and other governance requirements to ensure compliance with Development framework, TAS and APS X2
- Represent the Actuarial team and lead development activity on investment program projects where required.
- Continual improvement of the team’s processes and controls.
- Troubleshoot problems encountered during model runs and model development. Liaising with the wider systems team and reporting team as necessary to resolve any issues.
- Support junior team members with development and model operations activity
- Nearly/Newly qualified Actuary
- Experience in developing Actuarial models within Excel, VBA and VB.Net.
- Experience in Actuarial modelling change projects and developing actuarial software
- Experience of working as a technical lead in a systems development environment including managing developers to deliver releases and liaising with business users to determine requirements
- Excellent technical and IT skills with expert knowledge of development lifecycle and governance
- Moses / Monet / Prophet development experience
- Knowledge of SQL, VB.Net and VBA would be an advantage
- IT or computer science qualifications and/or experience beneficial.
- Technical Actuarial experience in reporting, pricing, capital or investments advantageous.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.