Senior Actuarial Analyst - Reporting & Analysis
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Our Reporting & Analysis team are hiring and we’re currently looking for a nearly/newly qualified Actuary to join our team on a 12 month Fixed Term contract based from our London office, although home working will initially be required and longer term flexibility will be considered.
You will support the Head of Capital Reporting and Head of Financial Reporting to achieve a successful outcome across all key accountabilities within the role, leading the delivery & analysis and ongoing support, development & maintenance of the Group’s actuarial reporting requirements (Solvency II, IFRS, EV, risk-based capital metrics and reinsurance reporting).
Utilising a project management skillset you will also work across our Finance Transformation project focusing on process improvements, delivering solutions and embedding changes into BAU.
If you’re a curious individual with ambitions to learn and an ability to showcase an understanding of the external market and Actuarial reporting solutions then we’d love to hear from you. You should be able to display a strong all round technical skillset with specific product knowledge being advantageous.
- Produce the actuarial information required to support the Group’s internal and external reporting of Solvency II, IFRS, Economic Capital and Embedded Value, as well as the information required for planning & analysis of these metrics
- Deliver reinsurer reporting requirements in line with Group treaties
- Develop and maintain Group-wide methodology to be deployed in actuarial systems required to fulfil the team’s objectives
- Support the Heads of Financial and Capital Reporting and Analysis to set the bases required for actuarial reporting and analysis purposes
- Ensure timely testing of the tools developed by the Actuarial Systems team for actuarial reporting and analysis purposes
- Develop and improve the reporting processes used for actuarial reporting and analysis purposes
- Represent the team and provide actuarial expertise to define actuarial requirements on projects and other change programme initiatives (e.g. Finance Transformation programme)
- Support the development of responses to requests from UK regulators and other third parties
- Operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs)
- Nearly/Newly qualified Actuary
- Experience of an actuarial reporting function, ideally with experience of annuities and LTM
- Knowledge of insurance products and markets, including UK reporting regulations
- Strong communication skills with ability to convey complex concepts to team management and wider stakeholders
- Able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action
- Naturally curious with strong communication skills and eye for detail
- Project management skillset with ability to manage, lead and implement actions
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.