Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Our Capital Management team are hiring and we’re currently looking for a qualified Actuary to join our ALM team on a permanent contract based from our London office.
The ALM team supports the development of a stable capital position to enable delivery of organic capital generation and you’ll work alongside the Head of ALM and Senior Actuaries in the team to manage the ALM position of the Group and the regulated insurance entities.
You’ll assess interest rate exposure on a monthly basis and perform sensitivities to assist with forming a recommendation for changes to hedging. You will also produce monthly MI on the Matching Adjustment Portfolio for the Matching Adjustment Committee.
Supporting delivery of key strategic projects for the business that have significant ALM impacts will also form part of your role as you work to become established as a technical lead in a number of key areas across the ALM team.
- Support with efficient management of the Matching Adjustment Portfolio.
- Support the assessment of liquidity and ALM implications of Group projects related to new assets or liabilities classes.
- Perform quantitative analysis of the forward-looking ALM position of each regulated insurance entity and the overall Group and recommend actions to ensure the investment portfolio remains appropriate
- Analyse the efficiency of, and recommend actions and strategies (including hedging) to optimise, the ALM position in light of overall business objectives (e.g. capital, liquidity, profit or other metrics) and past performance
- Support the development of a capital projection platform to facilitate robust analysis of “what if” ALM scenarios
- Implement first line validation activities in accordance with the validation framework and facilitate appropriate action in response to validation findings
- Nearly/Newly qualified FIA, FFA or equivalent
- Technically strong background in ALM, Investment, Capital Management or Reporting
- Experience of Solvency II as applied to UK life insurers
- Previous experience of statistical and stochastic models and or programming languages would be an advantage
- Knowledge of equity release would be beneficial but not essential
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.