Actuary - reinsurance
Global re/ insurance company has an opening for an experienced actuary to join the reinsurance arm of their business. The role will be primarily pricing but will also include reserving, business planning and project work. You will take the lead on their casualty business and will ideally have experience of either reinsurance, pricing and / or casualty business. Their ideal candidate would have all three but they are open to those from a reserving / consultancy background with considerable casualty experience as well as those from a reinsurance background with different classes experience and those coming from a direct pricing background. You must have excellent communication skills, ideally experience of working with underwriters and commercial risks. The role reports directly into the Chief Actuary of reinsurance and will have support.
The main responsibilities are outlined below with a 60/20/20 split.
Pricing / Rating
- Support and development of underwriter rating tools
- Individual account pricing and performance monitoring
- Provision and improvement of monthly renewal rate monitoring and rate adequacy information
- Portfolio profitability analysis for new business opportunities
- Supporting both local and global Group pricing standards. Analytics and new product initiatives
Capital Model and Business Plan Parameterisation
- Business planning and capital management processes are intrinsically linked and Senior Actuaries are responsible for validating expected loss ratios and parameterising capital model underwriting risk
- Experience and exposure based analysis of claims frequency and severity distributions
- Working with Exposure Management to understand and advise on catastrophe and other event aggregations
- Responsible for parameterising the half year reserving process maintained by the reserving function including development pattern selection IELR derivation an dad-hoc detailed portfolio segmentation
- Documentation and presentation of the above parameterisation and resulting reserving recommendation for both Senior Management and compliance and Regulatory and Actuarial Professional Standards.