Actuarial Risk Analyst
Arthur have partnered with a leading global insurer who have great ambitious plans to grow their business and therefore teams throughout the next few years. The client is looking to hire an Actuarial Risk Analyst working in their London office.
The Actuarial Risk Analyst will support the day to day operation and ongoing development of the risk analysis and reporting capability of the group.
It is expected the incumbent will have accountability for.
- Quarterly production of Solvency II SCR for European entities and Bermuda domiciled Group
- Conduct interim SCR and BSCR calculations as and when required to assess different options and associated capital implications, providing input for strategic decision making
- Conducting research regarding risk and capital metrics relating to industry peers
- Providing data quality review by developing robust checks on accuracy and completeness of data used in regulatory capital calculations
- Providing risk and capital input to Quantitative Reporting Templates for Solvency II regulated entities Owns and maintains Solvency II SCR standard formula spreadsheet model, engaging with external consultants where updates are needed.
- Quarterly production of calculations on S&P and AM Best standard formula basis
- Provide input to the ORSA report sections relating to stress and scenario testing and risk and capital assessment.
- Implement a structured approach towards storing risk management data reported to the team as part of various risk framework processes.
- Carrying out various validation tests
- Maintenance of model change log and regulatory reporting in respect of model changes
3 years’ experience working with the (re)insurance sector
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant numerate discipline
Understanding of reinsurance and the Bermuda, European and Lloyd’s markets and regulatory regimes
Study support available