Actuarial Analyst (Internal Model)
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
At Just, we are recruiting for our future and within our Capital Management team we now have an exciting opportunity to join us as an Actuarial Analyst within our Internal Model team on a permanent basis from our London office.
The Internal Model team supports the development of a stable capital position to enable delivery of organic capital generation and you’ll support the Head of Internal Model and Actuaries to maintain and develop the Internal Model used to calculate the regulatory capital requirement for the firm to ensure the model remains consistent with emerging regulatory developments and business requirements.
We’re ideally looking for individuals with a few years’ experience within a life insurer who has a strong desire to progress and build a career within Just. So if you’re looking to specialise in or gain further exposure across an exciting and energetic business then we’d love to hear from you.
The role requires great initiative as you will be expected to work as a key member of the Internal Model team getting involved in both BAU and projects where required. You will also need to show strong commercial acumen in order to communicate and build relationships across the business and having prior working knowledge of programming languages would be advantageous.
We are also able to provide full study support to the individual within these role to become a qualified Actuary along with great exposure across a business with ambitions as large as your own.
- Support the Internal Model team with any major changes planned for the Internal Model
- Support the team in regular risk calibration to ensure our assessment of the risks the firm is exposed to is up to date and meets Solvency II tests and standards.
- Perform annual proxy modelling exercise
- Work with the Head of Internal Model and the broader Capital Management team to assess the capital impact of a broad range of business initiatives e.g. product development, new asset classes.
- Lead the documentation of Internal Model changes and updates for submission to senior management and the regulator
- Support with the assessment of the Economic Capital Position of the Group
- Prior experience of working within a life insurer would.
- A first class or upper second class degree in a quantitative subject or equivalent professional experience.
- Progress through Actuarial exams.
- Excellent commercial acumen and technical skillset.
- Understanding of actuarial principles and techniques.
- Previous experience of statistical and stochastic models would be an advantage.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus an additional day on us for your birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- Free access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.