Senior Actuarial Analyst (ALM)
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Our Capital Management team are hiring and we’re currently looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our ALM team on a permanent contract based from our London office.
The ALM team supports the development of a stable capital position to enable delivery of organic capital generation and you’ll support the Head of ALM and more senior members of the team in managing the ALM position of the Group and assist with managing the ongoing capital adequacy of the Group especially in relation to exposure to market and other risks.
We’re passionate about providing a platform for people to grow and that’s why we provide study support to all our student actuaries, and this role is no different. You’ll have an opportunity to join a fast moving, growing and ambitious team all whilst being supported to your FIA status.
We’d be interested in hearing from talented individuals who have made good progress with their exams within a pensions consultancy or life insurer. If this sounds like you then do reach out to us to find out more.
- Support team members in defining principles and practices for the investment of assets to ensure an efficient and safe ALM position is maintained over time
- Perform the quantitative analysis for the forward-looking ALM position of each regulated insurance entity, and the overall Group, and assist with recommending actions to ensure the investment portfolio remains appropriate for the liabilities
- Support members of the team in identifying and recommending actions to maintain the efficiency of the Matching Adjustment Portfolio(s) and to maintain compliance with the Matching Adjustment requirements
- Perform analysis to support the monthly process to structure assets for inclusion in the Matching Adjustment Portfolio
- Work with the Actuarial Reporting and Analysis team to understand the past performance of the business
- Support senior team members with analysing the efficiency of, and assist developing recommended actions and strategies to optimise, the ALM position in light of overall business objectives (e.g. capital, liquidity, profit) including hedging strategy
- Assist with the preparation of long-term liquidity analysis and developing recommendations to ensure the Group remains within the overall long-term liquidity risk appetite
- Support with identifying levers for managing the regulatory solvency of the Group and then implementing actions utilising those levers to maintain solvency within stated appetites
- Assist with ad hoc ALM and capital related projects as and when needed. These may arise due regulatory interactions, new business developments, or other reasons.
- Have experience of working within a pension consultancy or life insurer
- Are working towards FIA qualification and making good progress with the actuarial exams
- Sound knowledge of technical actuarial concepts, particularly across ALM, Capital Management, Reporting or Investments
- Good knowledge and awareness of a balance sheet and Solvency II
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills with a curiosity to learn
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.