Natural Catastrophe (Nat cat) modelling- RMS - Remote contract
International insurance organisation is looking to engage a contractor with strong Natural Catastrophe modelling (NatCat) experience, ideally with RMS.
The organisation is offering a 3 month contract on a day rate basis.
The work can be done from home but you must be based in the EU and be fluent in written and spoken English.
Experience working with Insurance clients is not mandatory for this position, but is beneficial
Oliver James associates is supporting an international insurance business, who require a Nat Cat Modelling contractor to join the business from Jan 2021 for 3 months
The ideal candidate will have significant Natural Catastrophe modelling experience (earthquake, hurricane, windstorm, flood) and be proficient with RMS. Experience in other software will be considered.
Previous experience in insurance is not mandatory for this position.
Role: You will support a modelling team who require expert Nat Cat model input.
Location: Work from home (you must be based in the EU)
Duration: 3 months
Start: January 2021
Day Rate: Dependent on Experience
- Natural Catastrophe modelling - Ideally earthquake, Hurricane, Wind/Windstorm (not expected to have experience in ALL of these)
- Strong RMS experience/skills (Ideally) Other software will be considered.
- Previous experience in an insurance company or Model validation role would be beneficial
- Any other programming or data languages - R, Python etc would be beneficial
- Good communication skills, working as part of a project team.
Please apply today or contact Chris.Armstrong@weareoliverjames.com with your CV/Resume attached.