Actuary - Model Operations
Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Working within our Actuarial Systems team you’ll lead the production of financial results from the core Actuarial models and systems for onward use in the Actuarial Department for Reporting, planning and decision making.
The role sits in our Model Operations team and presents a mix of both BAU and project based work. You’ll lead the user testing and implementation of newly developed Actuarial models and establish & manage the resources, both people and systems to prioritise and deliver high quality accurate model results to business users.
Finally you’ll continually improve the robustness and efficiency of the Actuarial Department through process improvements, system enhancements and an effective control framework.
The role is offered on a 12 Month FTC basis covering maternity leave from our London office, although home working will initially be required and flexibility is considered longer term.
- Plan, prioritise and deliver the Actuarial model runs as required for Regulatory and internal reporting as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Review and approve model results output and association check and control processes.
- Continually improve the team’s processes and controls.
- Troubleshoot any problems encountered during model runs, liaising with the wider systems and reporting teams as necessary.
- Support junior team members with model operations activity and development.
- Qualified Actuary
- Technical experience in Actuarial Reporting, Model Operations, Pricing or Capital desirable
- Experience in running or developing Actuarial models within Excel, VBA and VB.Net an advantage
- Knowledge of the model development lifecycle and governance
- Moses / Monet / Prophet development experience is desirable
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus an additional day on us for your birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- Free access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.