Senior Actuarial Analysts
Senior Actuarial Analysts
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Competitive Salaries + Bonus & Benefits
Permanent positions Ref: 4000
Are you a part qualified Actuary looking to work for one of the UK’s Top Employers?
If the answer is yes, we are recruiting for Senior Actuarial Analysts across four roles. Successful candidates will also join our Actuarial Study Support Scheme; further information on this is included below.
Please state in your application whether you have a preference for any of the roles advertised.
About the roles
We are recruiting for four roles across two business areas:
• 3x roles in Actuarial Reporting within our Finance Function (Location: Birmingham)
Actuarial Reporting and Analysis is responsible for the production and analysis of all the valuations and analysis that are produced across our Phoenix Life Companies. The department takes ownership of financial impact assessments and the actual results reported both internally and externally.
The teams that we are recruiting for are:
- Actuarial Review: Responsible for consolidation, review and analysis of results
. - Actuarial Services: Responsible for results production supporting quarterly valuations and project activity, as well as additional requests from all over the business. Working closely with our Review Actuaries, providing high quality financial output and a frontline check on results from our actuarial model, MG-ALFA (including processing of our out of model adjustments).
- Financial Performance: Production and analysis of results and development of new processes to support our Management Information, business planning and financial performance activities.
• 1x role in Asset Liability Management & Structuring within our Phoenix Asset Management Function (Location: Birmingham or Edinburgh)
The ALM & Structuring team helps to drive our investment strategy by ensuring policyholder and shareholder risks are hedged within appropriate timescales. As part of the team you will help to take ownership of hedging of interest rate, inflation and equity risk and ensure that our Phoenix Life Companies funds/entities are managed to an appropriate risk appetite.
What we’re looking for
• Part qualified actuary (i.e. as a minimum, made significant progress through Core Principles exams) with at least two years commercial experience.
• Confident communicating both verbally and written at all levels.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret a broad range of data.
• Strong IT skills and comfortable working on multiple software packages (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Experience in Life and Pensions
• Experience in a similar role to those being advertised
Phoenix Group, a FTSE 100 company, specialises in the acquisition and management of life and pensions insurance business. With around 320 billion of assets and 14 million policies, Phoenix is now the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. Our customer brands include Phoenix Life, Standard Life, SunLife, ReAssure and Ark Life. While we have a thriving ‘open’ business through the Standard Life and SunLife brands, a key driver of value for us is our expertise in managing ‘heritage’ books of business no longer open to new customers.
We have offices around the UK as well as operations in Ireland and Germany. As one of the UK’s Top Employers, we offer opportunities for you to challenge and develop yourself in a company that looks after colleagues, customers and communities.
About our Actuarial Study Support Scheme
Successful candidate will join our Phoenix Actuarial Study Scheme. We offer comprehensive study support towards actuarial exams with a competitive benefits package. We aim to create a supportive environment for students sitting actuarial exams, whilst developing their skills in a range of different roles to prepare them to be effective qualified actuaries. Our actuarial students benefit from being part of our rotations process where they gain experience from working in different areas of the business in the lead up to, and post, qualification as an actuary
To apply online simply visit:
When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Friday 27th November 2020.